Changing the URL of the web pages generated for MAML content

Aug 6, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Hi there!

First of all thanks for the great tool! I am using it for more than a year now and I am more than happy with it!

I am currently using the WebSite output and I have a few requirements which I am currently doing myself by post-processing the generated web site. Still it won't hurt asking if those can be done by SHFB or Sandcastle itself:

1. Is there a way to change the naming method for conceptual content (MAML)? Currently the NamingMethod configuration property seems to affect only API content. My tool is currently generating a name from the title and then updating all links to that topic.
  2. Can I change the extension from .htm to .html? 
  3. Can I add custom <meta> tags in the generated html files?

Thanks and have a very productive day!

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2010 at 8:51 PM

The build process relies on GUID naming for the MAML topic files so changing it to something else would require significant changes to the Sandcastle transformation files and the actual build components themselves.  The same thing applies to changing the extension from .htm to .html since Sandcastle is consistent about that throughout the transformations and build components too.  You could create a build component to add additional <meta> tags.  It would be similar in nature to the MSHelpAttributeComponent supplied with SHFB.

Eric