Some way to merge Website output of projects?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 28, 2010 at 9:48 AM
Hi all, as mentioned in a previous discussion, I'm building help in both Help 2 and Website formats. I think I understand how to use the AdditionalReferenceLinks plug-in to allow Help 2 outputs for different projects to be build separately, but still link to each other when they're installed. I'm wondering if there's a way to do this for Website outputs or, if there's no way just now, how I might start doing that. As a first step, I guess I could deploy the help projects into separate sub-directories of some root web path, and make a plug-in which would make the links between them be correct (by knowing the relative paths where they'll be deployed). This would leave each collection with a separate ToC, index and search, but at least it would be easy to navigate between them. A second step would be to merge the ToCs, indexes and full-text search info. For the ToC, I could just put each original ToC under its own top-level node, and merge them. I imagine merging the other two is a lot more involved. Any ideas or hints for me? :-) Thanks, Hugh.