para inside example blocks

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 13, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2008 at 10:44 PM
Is the para tag supposed to work inside example blocks? I'm trying something like the following - the stuff in the para tags does not show up in the documentation output. The stuff inside the code blocks does. (Angle brackets have been removed for the post.)

para Here is some code. /para
para Here is some output. /para
Feb 13, 2008 at 11:46 PM
It works fine for me in all three styles. Are you perhaps nesting the example tag inside something else?

Feb 14, 2008 at 1:28 AM
The example tag doesn't appear to be inside anything else.

I just tried this in the documentation of a different method and saw the same thing. The text shows up within an example block iff the text's surrounding para and /para tags are removed.
Apr 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM
The <c> tag isn't working in 'example' blocks either. The string <c>x</c> gets converted to nothing. No 'badly formatted' errors appear during compilation. The same string appears to work fine from within least some tags other than 'example', e.g., 'param'. As usual this is with PresentationStyle=hana.
Apr 21, 2008 at 7:04 PM
The items you list do work within example tags in all three styles. I can see the styles rendered and, if I view the page source for a topic, I can see that it surrounds the <para> text in <p>/</p> tags and the <c> text in <span class="code"></span> tags. If you view the page source do you see that? Are you using the most recent Sandcastle version (Jan 2008)? Are you using a customized version of the presentation style? Post an example of the code with the comments that isn't working. Use double curly braces ({{ and }}) to surround the example so that it formats it as code and retains the angle brackets, etc.