Clean target no longer works?

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:08 PM

After installing the new SHFB, I'm having problems running the "Clean" target after a previous build.  Here is the error:

Removing build files...
         Removing build folders...
    28>SHFB : error CT0001: Unable to clean output folder.  Reason: System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.\
       r
SHFB : error CT0001: \r
       SHFB : error CT0001:    at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
       \r
SHFB : error CT0001:    at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)\r
SHFB : error CT0001:    at SandcastleBuilder.Utils.MSBuild.CleanHelp.Execute()

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 2:33 AM

Most likely you've got some read-only files in the working folder.  Since this has come up several times, I've just gone in and added code to handle the exceptions and issue a note in the log file rather than abort the build when cleaning build output and purging the website output folder.  Note that if the read-only file in question needs to be overwritten by the build, it will still fail and you'll have to remove it manually.  The new release will be out in a few hours (v1.9.1.0).

Eric

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Thanks, I just installed the new release and I am not seeing the problem anymore.