Opposite of <exclude/> tag

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 1, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Hi, I'm wondering if theres a way to only include members that have a specific tag like an inverse of the <exclude/> functionality.

I'm aware of the API filter, but unfortunately I want to include 1200 methods out of all members of a VERY large namespace, hence it is not really feasible to manually click through.

I've tried using the Xpath plugin and inversing that, but it seems to only work on members and even then breaks using simple criteria (I suspect this is because at the very least the class is required when showing methods, and the Xpath plugin is excluding these)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards

Daniel

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Nothing like that exists.  A plug-in could be written to generate an API filter off of some sort of tag like <include /> but, to be honest, by the time you'd gone through your code base to add all the tags it probably would have been quicker to just go through the API filter that's already there and specifying what you wanted to include.  Unchecking a parent node unchecks the children and vice versa so you can exclude or include entire namespaces and classes at once.

Eric