Sandcastle Styles June 2010 (2.6.10621.1) Patch - Rev 1

Coordinator
Jul 1, 2010 at 2:59 AM
The Sandcastle Styles patch is now available.  It contains various patches and feature enhancements for the Sandcastle June 2010 Release (Version 2.6.10621.1). See FixList.txt in the ZIP file for a list of the patches applied and links to the related Sandcastle project work items. See the Documentation tab at the Sandcastle Styles project for installation instructions.

Regarding the next release of SHFB, I'm running a little behind.  I'm finishing up some changes to the TOC handling code and need to add some documentation for the new project properties and MS Help Viewer support.  The planned release date is now 07/05/2010.
Eric
Jul 8, 2010 at 5:35 AM

Is it necessary to install these patches? SHFB seems to work without them.

Thanks,

Trevor

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 3:05 PM

SHFB will work with Sandcastle without the patches.  They do fix a number of bugs in the output (i.e. there's no description on enumeration values, there are several issues with MAML support etc).  It also adds some nice to have features such as supporting the term element in lists, showing the value in enumeration lists, and some added features for MAML.  There's a bug list included in the download if you want to see the full list of changes and the links to the work items with the full descriptions of each change.

Eric