Excluding projects

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM
I have a VS2008 solution that incorporates a large number of projects, including unit test projects. The shfbproj file points at the solution file as the documentation source. Some of these (test projects and others) I want to exclude from the documentation. How do I exclude those projects or their namespaces? The SHFB documentation says "You can also easily indicate which namespaces to include or exclude from the help file." but there is no word I can find on how you can do this. It seems that the <exclude/> tag can only be applied to classes or methods. Is there a neater way of excluding whole projects or namespaces? TIA
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM

You can use the ApiFilter project property to exclude whole namespaces and types that you don't want.  In the next release, SHFB will honor the build settings within the solution file.  For example, if the unit test projects are excluded from the Release build configuration, they won't be included as part of the documentation.  This would also allow you to do something like set up a ReleaseWithDocs configuration that included only those projects to document if you need the other projects in the normal Release build configuration.

Eric

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:12 PM
Many thanks. Neil