IntelliSense Component: Possible to keep remarks and example sections?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jun 23, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Hi,

I used the IntelliSense component to strip private and internal members. Then I  included the result xml (and dll) as documentation source to build a help file for another project.

Unfortunately the final help file is missing the example and remarks sections because the IntelliSense component removed them.

I figured that I would probably need to move these sections into an extra comments file, but this would require a lot of manual work...

So I was wondering if there was a way to configure the IntelliSense component to keep the example and remarks sections in the result xml file?

Or is there an easy way to transfer all example and remarks sections into an external comments file? 

Thanks, Boris

Jun 23, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Edited Jun 23, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Just tested if external comment files are a possible work-around for this problem - unfortunately they are not. I guess sandcastle just takes the first available member node and does not merge it with others that have the same name?
Jun 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM
i wrote a program to import the missing sections and now it's working. yay :) Thanks for listening.
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2010 at 2:00 AM

If you're including the assembly and XML comments files as documentation sources directly, you could add the original XML comments file rather than the Intellisense version.  SHFB doesn't care if they come from different locations.

Eric

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Thanks Eric... it's for an obfuscated dll that others may want to include for their own project help... I don't plan to give away an obfuscated dll with the original xml doc showing private and internal members. So there's not really another choice then including remarks and example in the stripped xml doc file. Boris