HELPHTML2.x problem

Feb 4, 2008 at 2:47 PM
Hello experts,

First of all i would like to say what a great tool the SHFB is! Great job!
I’ve got just one problem I can’t resolve. If I create a Helpfile through HelpHTML2.x I didn’t get a helpfile. The result is secceeded but I haven’t any crm-files.
There just some hxk-files and one hxt-file.

Is this a known issues or made me something wrong?

Hope you could help me.
Best regards,
Alex
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2008 at 5:41 PM
There are no .CRM files, only a .HXS file and some supporting project files for use in registering the help file in a collection. If you are not finding a .HXS file, check the log for errors. It's possible, the help compiler failed but SHFB didn't pick up on the error.

Eric
Feb 5, 2008 at 7:47 AM
Hello Eric,

I checked the folder and the log-file. In the folder there is no .HXS file.
In the log file there are some warnings like this:
"Warn: CopyFromIndexComponent: Entries for the key 'P:System.Data.SqlClient.SqlErrorCollection.System.Collections.ICollection.SyncRoot' occur in both 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.SqlClient.xml' and 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.xml'. The last entry will be used."

At the end of the log file I found the follow etry:
"Compiling HTML Help 2.x file...
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HTML2\Working\Build2xHelpFile.bat
The system cannot find the file specified.
Compiler could not load message resources. Terminating.
Last step completed in 00:00:00.4807 .......
Build completed successfully. Total time: 00:01:25,4429"

Is this the error you talk about?

Greetings,
Alex
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2008 at 4:14 PM
It looks like your Help 2 compiler installation is broken. Depending on how it was installed (i.e. VS SDK or something else), I'd uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that fixes it.

Eric