Namespace summary

Topics: User Forum
Nov 2, 2006 at 1:14 PM
I cannot figure out how to include a summary comment for the namespace so that the red "Namespace summary missing" doesn't appear at the top of the document.

I have gotten around it by coding my own tags and such directly into the XML file but I want to know how to put it directly into my VB or C# code. When I type ''' above the namespace in the VB code, it gives me an error, so where do I put it?

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 2, 2006 at 3:09 PM
Click the Namespaces button on the main form to the right of the list of assemblies. See the Getting Started section of the help file and related topics for more information on what all of the options do.

Eric
May 1, 2007 at 10:30 PM
We don't like having to put some of our API documentation into SHFB directly, we would prefer to keep it independent of it. NDoc recognized namespace summaries in a certain file or class, so it could be with the rest of your source code and not be particular to NDoc itself. Can SHFB do the same?
Coordinator
May 2, 2007 at 1:49 AM
Currently, the only other alternative for namespace and project summary comments is to put them in a separate XML comments file and add it to the project as a Comments Only file (see the FAQ for details: How can I share project summary and namespace settings between multiple help file builder projects?). I have an item on the To Do list to support the NamespaceDoc namespace like NDoc.

Eric
May 2, 2007 at 4:03 PM
The separate XML comments file owned by the main project that uses the namespace should be fine. Thanks!
May 28, 2007 at 7:31 AM
Is there no options to tell the progam to ignore Namespace summary?
Thanks
Coordinator
May 28, 2007 at 4:44 PM
I've added a ShowMissingNamespace option to the next release so that you can turn of the warnings if you don't enter namespace summaries.

Eric
May 30, 2007 at 3:25 PM
Are you going to publish it soon?
Bye
Coordinator
May 30, 2007 at 7:27 PM
The next release of Sandcastle is reportedly due out within the next week or so. The next release of the help file builder will be released shortly after that.

Eric