Using Completion Notification plugin

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 11, 2010 at 10:38 AM
Hi Guys i was using Completion Notification plugin in the Sand castle help File Builder. I provided all the details in the plugin. when i am building the file The help file is successfully created but at the last it throws and exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SandcastleBuilder.Utils.BuildEngine.BuildProcess.ExecutePlugIns(ExecutionBehaviors behavior) at SandcastleBuilder.Utils.BuildEngine.BuildProcess.Build() and the mail is not sent can you help me
Coordinator
May 11, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Unfortunately, it appears to have been broken when I re-arranged some of the code in the build clean-up.  It's trying to write to the log which has been closed at that point.  I'll get it fixed for the next release.

Eric

May 12, 2010 at 3:47 AM
Edited May 12, 2010 at 3:48 AM

hi Eric

Thanks for your  reply . waiting for your next release

May 12, 2010 at 7:10 AM

hi eric

i downloaded the code of your tool from the Codeplex and found that in the BuildProcess.plugin.cs file at line no 206

if i add 

swLog = new StreamWriter(this.LogFilename);

then the code works fine

but i am not able to create the set up of the changed solution. on creation of setup and installing the msi file. when i open the gui and click on the Plugin Configuation tab it shown no valid plugins installed.

kindly help or can you create for me the correct msi file.

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
May 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I'd just copy the assemblies that result from the build where you need them.

Eric