Unexpected build failing

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 27, 2008 at 1:20 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2008 at 1:43 AM

I am testing SHFB in order to start using it on our projects. It is really a great tool!

When testing the use of .topic files, I received the following error:

Error: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: The reference targets file 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Data\Reflection\Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.xml' is not well-formed XML. The error message is: The 'implements' start tag on line 60919 does not match the end tag of 'implelents'. Line 60923, position 9. (LineNumber: 60923; LinePosition: 9; SourceUri: 'file:///C:/Program Files/Sandcastle/Data/Reflection/Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility.xml')
Last step completed in 00:00:26.8281

BUILD FAILED: Unexpected error in last build step. See output above for details.

See that the problem is that the Implements start tag is being closed by an Implelents end tag. That's a typo problem I think.

PS: I verified that the problem is on Sandcastle and not on SHFB. Tried to move this message to the Sandcastle forum but could not find how.

Jan 27, 2008 at 5:15 PM
That file is installed by the Sandcastle installer and it's fine on my system. I'd suggest uninstalling Sandcastle and, if the folder still exists, delete C:\Program Files\Sandcastle and everything in it. You might try downloading Sandcastle again just to be sure your copy is good.