Class is missing nearly all members when it contains a generic type like Func<t> or Action<t>

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Hi,

I got the Sandcastle Help File builder running with the latest .NET 4.0 release without any problems.

I noticed though, when a class to be documented has some specific generic types in it (like Func or Action<t>), the complete documentation is missing except for the inherited members.

 

Is there a way to fix that problem?

 

Thanks,

 

Klaus

 

 

Coordinator
Apr 10, 2010 at 9:02 PM

No, it's a problem with MRefBuilder and .NET 4.0 assemblies.  The current version of Sandcastle was released well before .NET 4.0 so we'll have to wait until the next release to see if this problem is fixed.

Eric

 

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Hey Eric,

 

thanks a lot for the quick response. I'm a Visual Basic MVP, and would like to have a further discussion with you, but rather would take that offline.

If you don't mind, would you like to to contact me under klaus_no_spam_at_loeffelmann.de?

 

Thanks a lot,

 

Klaus

 

 

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM

My e-mail address is in the About box in the GUI and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric

 

Jul 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Hi,

any news on this ?

I'm using MrefBuilder.exe (v2.6.10621.1) with a .NET 4.0 project. Still having this issue with "Func":

[Missing <summary> documentation for "M:KSI.TransportSystems.Common.KsiTsLinq.GetDuplicates``1(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable{``0},System.Func`2)"]

 

Thomas

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2010 at 3:02 PM

This is a different issue.  The one related to this thread was a bug that caused all members to be removed and they wouldn't show up in the help file at all.  You're just missing a summary comment.  Check youre XML comments file to be sure it's there.  If not, rebuild the project and check the comments file again.  If it is there it's possible you are running into an issue where the signature of the method in the comments file isn't matching up with the one generated by MRefBuilder.  I think there may be one open work item for that but I'd have to check to be sure.  If that is the case, a workaround would be to modify the XML comments file ID to match the ID generated by MRefBuilder.

Eric