Can't view summary of methods/fields/classes

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 19, 2008 at 8:02 AM
Hello..

First of all the ideea using an automated tool that creats an .CHM file from an assembly, it's very good!

Well... I am using the October CTP Sandcastle and SandcastleGUI on a test class that has a summary description(made with ///) and a method :

/// <summary>

/// MyMethod Method

/// </summary>

/// <param name="a">param a</param>

public void MyMethod(int a)

{ }

After the build from SandcastleGUI(C# syntax declaration, VS2005 Template) , I get a CHM file, but I can't see the summary description of the class and of the method.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks..
Coordinator
Jan 19, 2008 at 5:44 PM
Are you using SandcastleGUI or The Sandcastle Help File Builder (SHFB)? The two are different and I didn't write SandcastleGUI, just SHFB. Be sure that the class containing the methods is declared public as by default Sandcastle doesn't document private classes or members. If you are using SHFB, see the Getting Started and FAQ sections in the help file as it covers lots of common problems. If you don't have it, you can download the 1.6.0.2 or 1.6.0.3 version from the Releases Page. The 1.6.0.4 version will be out in a couple of days that supports the January release of Sandcastle. If you still have problems, you can e-mail me an example and I'll take a look at it. My e-mail address is in the About box and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric
Jan 19, 2008 at 10:39 PM
I was using SandcastleGUI. After using SHFB, I got a correct .chm file.
Thanks...