Error BE0019: Unable to transform template 'Index.html'

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 23, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Hi, SHFB is excellent, firstly.

I upgraded to the current version (1.8.0.3), and updated my project (from 1.6 I think).  It builds the CHM fine, but for the website version, I get this error

Created c:\.....\Working\Output\Help.chm, 3,187,460 bytes

Compression decreased file by 14,334,463 bytes.

Last step completed in 00:00:18.4740

-------------------------------

Generating website table of contents file...

Last step completed in 00:00:00.0000

Updating table of contents with additional content items and determining default topic...

Last step completed in 00:00:00.0000

Generating full-text index for the website...

Last step completed in 00:00:05.6160

Copying website files to output folder...

Last step completed in 00:00:00.0156

SHFB: Error BE0019: Unable to transform template 'Index.html': An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 88, position 82.

An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 88, position 82.

We do have entities in some of the filenames and titles - could that be the problem?  I removed them from the titles, but prefer to avoid doing it to the filenames as they're all in svn......

Thanks

Jim

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2010 at 3:13 AM

The error is most likely caused by an invalid entity in WebTOC.xml which you can find in the working folder.  See if you can identify it by looking in there on line 88, position 82.  That may help you track down which one is causing the problem.  If it's not encoded correctly, it may be something I can fix in SHFB.

Eric

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Thanks Eric, it's been really useful software by the way.

Yes, in webtoc.xml at that position, I have

<HelpTOCNode Id="a52cad60-6959-4162-9cc1-9a74fc6c010a" Url="Administration App. & Windows Service.html" Title="Administration App. And Windows Service">

which corresponds to this entry in the sitemap

<siteMapNode title="Administration App. And Windows Service" url="Administration App. &amp; Windows Service\Administration App. &amp; Windows Service.html">

So, I guess it is the & in the Url attribute.  Oddly though, there are other entries in the webtoc which are encoded OK;

<HelpTOCNode Url="Administration App. &amp; Windows Service/Introduction.htm" Title="Introduction" />

Is there a workaround by any chance?

Thanks

Jim

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I wasn't able to duplicate the problem.  Can you send me a small example that duplicates the issue?  My e-mail address is in the About box in the GUI and in the footer of the pages in the help file.  A temporary workaround would be to rename the file for the time being.

Eric

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:09 PM

The node that caused the problem is a 'parent' (i.e. a folder) so I just deleted the filename spec'd in "SourceFile" in the sitemap, and it has corrected the issue.  Maybe the issue is only apparent for 'folder' nodes, but not having a source file for it is fine for me.

Thanks

Jim