Platforms Section

Topics: User Forum
Mar 9, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Hello,

Is there is a way to add a "Platforms" section , which defines the supported platforms for an API, to a help file using SHFB.  For example:

Version Information

API Name Here

Platforms

Internet Explorer 8.0, Internet Explorer 7.0, Internet Explorer 6.0, Firefox 3.6, Firefox 3.5, Firefox 3.0, Firefox 2.0, Firefox 1.5, Chrome 4.0, Chrome 3.0, Chrome 2.0, Chrome 1.0, Safari 4.0, Safari 3.0

See Also

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2010 at 7:22 PM

There does appear to be some support for platform information in Sandcastle's transformations but I don't know what generates it for the reflection information file.  As far as I know it hasn't been exposed for us to use.  A lot of it appears to be internal Microsoft stuff with hard-coded platform names.  This is something the Sandcastle developers will have to answer and supply information about.

Eric

Mar 10, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for your insight.  I obtained some information from a MSFT engineer who currently has his Sandcastle system setup to produce a “Platforms” section.  I will reply to this post with more detailed information after I get this working on our system.

Dominic F. Ferraro

Build Engineer

Microsoft Corporation - Volt

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052-6399

Phone: (425) 421-4083 X14083

Cell: (973) 294 2277

a-doferr@microsoft.com

Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:22 PM
To: Dominic Ferraro (Volt)
Subject: Re: Platforms Section [SHFB:204390]

There does appear to be some support for platform information in Sandcastle's transformations but I don't know what generates it for the reflection information file. As far as I know it hasn't been exposed for us to use. A lot of it appears to be internal Microsoft stuff with hard-coded platform names. This is something the Sandcastle developers will have to answer and supply information about.

Eric

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SHFB@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SHFB@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com