Unresolved assembly reference error

Nov 21, 2007 at 9:18 PM
Hello, this is my first time trying to do this, so sorry if this is a dumb question!

I am getting the following error:
Error: Unresolved assembly reference: Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls (Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, Version=1.0.2.226, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

I know that I need to add dependancies to the Dependancies property, but I looked and I do not see this one in the GAC dropdown list.

Is there a way to include this file?

One other question. In particular we are trying to document database actions. We have a lot of hardcoded SQL, so is there anyway for Sandcastle to look for particular strings? For example, can it be set to look for "SELECT * FROM table"?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2007 at 1:45 AM
Edited Nov 22, 2007 at 1:46 AM
Add a single file dependency (second button from the left at the bottom of the Dependencies dialog box). Sandcastle only documents assemblies based on reflection information and XML comments. It won't scan code or comments for particular sets of strings.

Eric
Nov 26, 2007 at 3:38 PM
Thank you for the reply, Eric. I tried what you suggested, and I am getting this: "File C:\Documents and Settings\...\Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls does not exist. Verify that the correct file name was given." How do I tell it where to look for this file? Thanks again.
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2007 at 4:09 PM
Make sure you choose the assembly that it's asking for. As long as you navigate to the correct folder and pick the right file it'll work.

Eric
Nov 26, 2007 at 9:03 PM
Thanks again, Eric. Sorry to be dumb about this, but how do I navigate to a Microsoft folder?
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2007 at 9:48 PM
Only you know where it's installed. I can't guess. If you can find it with Explorer navigate to the same path in the File Open dialog.

Eric