Class Summary Missing For AjaxDoc

Topics: User Forum
Nov 18, 2007 at 9:08 AM
The latest version fixes all the issues of AjaxDoc but the Class Summary is still missing. I know it is an issue of AjaxDoc of SHFB. But what the resolution?
Nov 18, 2007 at 6:14 PM
You could add the comments for the classes in a standalone XML file and add it to the project as a Comments Only file. That should at least get them in the help file. Apart from that, all you can do is report it as a bug in the AjaxDoc project and wait for the project owner to fix it.

Nov 18, 2007 at 7:35 PM
Thanks, Eric for the Workaround, yes I have also figured it already. However, it seems a bit of pain when you have a large set of classes. I have also filed an issue in AjaxDoc. But, I was wondering could you fix it yourself as I have seen you posted few modifications already in the AjaxDoc. Anyway thanks for such a wonderful tool and really appreciate it.
Nov 18, 2007 at 9:01 PM
I took a look at it about a week ago but I couldn't figure it out. It's not something I use so I didn't spend much time on it.

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:05 AM
Hi Eric,

I'm facing the same issue and I tried the workaround you mentioned: adding the class description to a standalone XML file. Unfortunately I can't make it work too : the resulting ref man does not inclue the class description. Here is what I did:

  • create a new XML file that contains the class description:
<member name="T:J#Foo.Web.UI.Transform">
Defines a two dimensional affine transform that performs a linear mapping
from 2D coordinates to other 2D coordinates.

* I then added this file to the SHFB project as a Comment File Only (In the "Assemblies to Document" section)
* The AjaxDoc plugin is configured to regenerate the output each time.

But once the generation ends, the description is still missing.
I tried different thing to workaround this:
.I disabled the "regenerate the output files" option of the AjaxDoc plugin, then I put the class description directly into the generated xml file to be sure the additional content was valid. Generation was ok.
.I then thought it may be due to a conflict between the two <member name="T:J#Foo.Web.UI.Transform">
elements (the one from my standalone xml and the one from the generated XML), so I removed the empty "member" element from the generated file. But then the class description was still missing.

All this makes me think the additional comments file is not taken into account. Is there something wrong with my XML or project file ?

Thanks a lot
Feb 28, 2008 at 8:10 AM
BTW, I just noticed in the output the following message:
Copying additional content files...
No additional content to copy

while my standalone comment file is displayed in the "Assemblies To Document" textbox.
I am certainly missing something here, but I cannot find out what...

Feb 28, 2008 at 3:08 PM
Edited Feb 28, 2008 at 3:09 PM
Remove the "J#" prefix from the member name and it should work. See the AjaxDoc project. There is a work item open about the missing class summary and somebody has apparently found a fix and it's noted in the comments.

The standalone comments file is not additional content. Additional content is the stuff that isn't related to the API docs such as usage notes that you add via the AdditionalContent property.

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:41 PM
Thanks a lot Eric, I will fix my project accordingly.