Build failure. New to Sandcastle

Nov 12, 2007 at 4:59 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2007 at 5:05 PM
When trying to create a New Project from Visual Studio, upon build I get an immediate error: "BUILD FAILED: Unable to find XML comments in C:\<path to the first project>. Its apparently not looking in /bin/debug where the XML files are located.

After opening the XML files directly, the build seems to go OK until the very end when I get "BUILD FAILED: Unexpected error in last build step. See output above for details."

Any obvious problem here?

Thanks,

Douglas

---- output copied below ---

Sandcastle Help File Builder GUI, version 1.6.0.1
Creating output and working folders...
Finding tools...
Found Sandcastle in 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\'
Found HTML 1.x help compiler in 'C:\Program Files\HTML Help Workshop\'
Validating documentation assembly information...
-------------------------------
Generating shared content files (en-US, English (United States))...
Creating Sandcastle configuration file...
No component configurations to merge
Last step completed in 00:00:00.0840
Copying documentation assembly dependencies...
No dependencies to copy
Last step completed in 00:00:00.0070
Generating API filter for MRefBuilder...
Last step completed in 00:00:00.0640
Generating reflection information...
C:\Realware.net\Realware\ProjectRealware\bin\Debug\Help\Working\GenerateRefInfo.bat
MrefBuilder (v2.3.8000.26)
Copyright c Microsoft 2006
Info: Loaded 11 assemblies for reflection and 0 dependency assemblies.
Error: Unresolved assembly reference: AxInterop.WMPLib (AxInterop.WMPLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null) required by CCIPrimaryBaseFormShared
Last step completed in 00:00:10.2840

BUILD FAILED: Unexpected error in last build step. See output above for details.

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2007 at 5:12 PM
You can edit the assembly and XML comment file locations by selecting the assembly in the Assemblies to Document list and clicking the Edit button. You can then point the paths to the right locations. The second error is caused by a dependent assembly that it cannot find automatically. Add such assemblies to the project's Dependencies property. Please see the Getting Started and FAQ topics in the help file as they cover common issues like this.

Eric
Nov 12, 2007 at 7:40 PM

EWoodruff wrote:
You can edit the assembly and XML comment file locations by selecting the assembly in the Assemblies to Document list and clicking the Edit button. You can then point the paths to the right locations.

Thanks.

Does this mean there is no way to change this once for all? I have to edit the path for each of my dozens of assemblies?!
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2007 at 9:52 PM
Each has to be edited individually.

Eric