Build Failed

Topics: User Forum
Nov 8, 2007 at 9:24 AM
When I include the AjaxDoc plugin with a standar DLL Help it throws the following message:
BUILD FAILED: Error generating namespace summaries: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Basically I am trying to document an Asp.net Ajax Control Project where the server and client side namespace is same.
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2007 at 4:01 PM
Make sure you are using the October CTP of Sandcastle, version 1.6.0.1 of the help file builder, and AjaxDoc 1.1.

Also be aware that the plug-in is for documenting the AjaxDoc project alone. Any assemblies will be ignored. If you want to include namespace comments for the stuff in the AjaxDoc project, create a standalone XML comments file, add it to the Assemblies to Document list, and set the CommentsOnly property to true.

Eric
Nov 8, 2007 at 6:35 PM
Thanks for the replay. However I tried to document the AjaxDoc only but the same message. I am running the latest version of Sandcastle.
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2007 at 7:23 PM
Can you send me an example that fails along with the SHFB project file? My e-mail address is in the About box and the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric