Unknow and Invalid reference link target

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:34 AM
When I create the help file I get an output, but on the way there are a lot of warning about unknown and invalid reference link target.
The result is then that these references have not been generated to links but only to text in brackets (reference).

Why can't sandcastle create the correct reference? In studio everything is ok and I created the references by using intellisense.
What can I do to make it work?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2007 at 3:59 PM
Please post some examples that don't work. Note that it will generate a large number of these warnings, the vast majority of which can be ignored.

Eric
Nov 5, 2007 at 9:05 PM
After upgrading Sandcastle and SHFB to latest builds, my previously working project now throws a java-script error when viewing the HTML 1.x content.

Java-script exception details:
Thrown at: registerEventHandler(window, 'load', function() {languageFilter.selectAndSetLanguage(data, 'CSharp', 'cs');});

Looking at the build log, I see the following:

Info: SaveComponent: Instantiating component.
Info: BuildAssembler: Building topic N:Argotic.Common
Info: BuildAssembler: Building topic T:Argotic.Common.ConditionalGetResponse
Warn: PostTransformComponent: A required section was not found and language filtering will not work.
Info: BuildAssembler: Building topic Methods.T:Argotic.Common.ConditionalGetResponse
Warn: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: Invalid referenceLink element.
Info: BuildAssembler: Building topic Properties.T:Argotic.Common.ConditionalGetResponse

Any ideas?
Nov 5, 2007 at 10:06 PM
It appears the <example><code></code></example> section is causing the issue...

<example>
/// The following code example demonstrates the usage of ConditionalGetResponse.
/// <code>
///
/// </code>
/// </example>

raises the error, but if I remove to there is no error message. Did they change the code comment syntax?
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2007 at 10:25 PM
There's a bug in the Post Transform Component caused by a change in the latest release regarding where it copies the script files. I'll create a work item and attach a fixed copy of the build components assembly to it when its fixed.

Eric
Coordinator
Nov 5, 2007 at 10:27 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 6, 2007 at 11:53 AM

EWoodruff wrote:
Please post some examples that don't work. Note that it will generate a large number of these warnings, the vast majority of which can be ignored.

Eric

I got a lot of such warning:
Warn: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: Unknown reference link target 'DTSDataColumn'.
Warn: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: Invalid reference link target 'DTSDataColumn'.

In studio everything is ok and not warnings on documentation tags.
In the generated output there is no DTSDataColumn in blue and clickable, but it is in brackets [].
Therefor it is not as good as it could and should be.

These warnings are generated for all <see cref=""> constructs. Even if I reference <see cref="String"> !

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2007 at 4:18 PM
See my response to your other post. What you are trying to do in there is not possible without removing the Code Block Component.

Eric