How to use the .org file by SHFB Tool

Topics: User Forum
Oct 17, 2007 at 8:34 AM
Edited Oct 17, 2007 at 9:44 AM
I'm a freshmen.Now,there is a problem I don't know how to deal with.I made a .xml and .org file from my script's comment by AjaxDoc1.1.I use SHFB to build help file.But .org is not equal with .dll or .exe.It's incorrect when running SHFB.How can I do to clear the problem?
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2007 at 3:10 PM
You don't need anything for the Assemblies to document. Use the AjaxDoc plug-in to replace the necessary build steps. You can add it using the PlugInConfigurations project option. See the plug-in topics in the help file for details.

Eric
Oct 18, 2007 at 2:41 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2007 at 2:44 AM
Thanks for your reply.After Configuring the AjaxDoc builder,I didn't add any assembly to document.But it built failed.The failed information is "You must specify at least one assembly to document".Then I add the .xml and .org file which is used to be a assembly to document.The failed information is "Unexpected error while executing plug-in 'AjaxDoc Builder': SandcastleBuilder.Utils.BuilderException: Unable to produce comments file and/or reflection file at SandcastleBuilder.PlugIns.AjaxDocPlugIn.Execute(ExecutionContext context),at SandcastleBuilder.Utils.BuildProcess.ExecutePlugIns(ExecutionBehavior behavior)".Which file should be added and how do is work?It's difficult for me.
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2007 at 3:04 PM
Perhaps you didn't check the box next to the plug-in to enable it. If unchecked, it won't use the plug-in. Remove the files from the Assemblies to Document list, make sure the plug-in is checked in the configuration dialog, and try again. You might also carefully check the log file for errors that may have occurred earlier that may be causing a problem later on in the build. If you're still having problems, you can send me the project file and the two AjaxDoc files and I'll take a look at it. My e-mail address is in the About box and the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric
Oct 18, 2007 at 7:46 PM
Eric,
I'm also get an error if I don't specify an assembly in the Assemblies to Document area. I've got the plugin checked in the editor, but still says "Build Failed: You must specify at least one assembly to document" when I build the project. Below is what is in the .log file:
Sandcastle Help File Builder GUI, version 1.6.0.0
Build started at 10/18/2007 3:40:30 PM

Loading and initializing plug-ins...
AjaxDoc Builder Version 1.6.0.0
Copyright © 2007, Eric Woodruff, All Rights Reserved
AjaxDoc is Copyright © 2006-2007 Bertrand Le Roy, All Rights Reserved
Clearing working folder...
Finding tools...
Found Sandcastle in 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\'
Found HTML 1.x help compiler in 'C:\Program Files\HTML Help Workshop\'
Validating documentation assembly information...
Last step completed in 00:00:00.0000

BUILD FAILED: You must specify at least one assembly to document

JohnBJim,
You might check that your assembly/script(s) when run through AjaxDoc program outside of SHFB doesn't cause JavaScript errors. I ran into this issue where when I run my assembly through AjaxDoc outside SHFB, I would get JavaScript errors, and so when I try to use this assembly through SHFB it will cause it to fail.
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2007 at 9:44 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 19, 2007 at 1:02 AM
GeoffreyK ,
It's right when my script run through AjaxDoc1.1 outside of SHFB to create .xml and .org files.And I enabled the plug-in to work,removed all the files from the Assemblies to Document list.But it still caused error with BUIlD FAILED information.
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2007 at 1:29 AM
It's a bug in the plug-in. For now, you can add an XML comments file to the Assemblies to Document list and set the Comments Only property to true. It'll be fixed in the next release due out next week.

Eric