Unhandled Exception - TocToChmContents.xsl

Topics: Developer Forum
Oct 8, 2007 at 1:14 PM
I have updated to the September CTP and 1.6.0.0 SHFB and now all of my projects die when trying to apply the TocToChmContents transform. Below is the output from the last step of the log file, it looks like the file name is wrong. Do I need to recreate the shfb project files?

-------------------------------
Generating table of content for HTML Help 1.x file...
C:\Documents and Settings\dkingsley\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\TurksHead\Documentation\Help\Working\Generate1xTOC.bat
XslTransform (v2.3.7930.6)
Copyright c Microsoft 2005-2006
Info: Applying XSL transformation 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\ProductionTransforms\TocToChmContents.xsl'.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\dkingsley\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\TurksHead\Documentation\Help\Working\Output\html\.htm'.
File name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\dkingsley\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\TurksHead\Documentation\Help\Working\Output\html\.htm'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.LoadFromReader(XmlReader reader, XmlSpace space)
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri, XmlSpace space)
at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri)
at System.Xml.Xsl.CompiledQuery.Script1.getTitle(String fileName)
at <xsl:template match="topic">(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime, XPathNavigator {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}current)
at <xsl:template name="parentNode">(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime, XPathNavigator {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}current)
at <xsl:template name="parentNode">(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime, XPathNavigator {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}current)
at <xsl:template match="/">(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime, XPathNavigator {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}current)
at Root(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
at Execute(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlSequenceWriter results)
at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer, Boolean closeWriter)
at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(XmlReader contextDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter results)
at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(XmlReader input, XsltArgumentList arguments, XmlWriter results)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.XslTransformer.Main(String[] args)
Last step completed in 00:01:02.8841

BUILD FAILED: Unexpected error in last build step. See output above for details.

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2007 at 4:10 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2007 at 4:11 PM
Download the Sandcastle Presentation File Patches from the Releases page and extract it to the Sandcastle installation folder (the CTP, not SHFB). There's a bug in the Prototype presentation style that causes the exception that you are seeing.

Eric
Oct 8, 2007 at 4:59 PM
I thought I had already done that but it turns out I downloaded it but never applied it. thanks

Dennis