Links to Inherited Members

Topics: User Forum
Sep 14, 2007 at 6:30 PM
I've recently updated to the Sandcastle June CTP and SHFB I'm now seeing that the links to the Inheritence Hierarchy and to inherited members have gone away. Is this a regression or is there a new property that I need to set somewhere?

- M
Sep 14, 2007 at 6:54 PM
There were several changes to the presentation styles in the June CTP. One I'm aware of is that the namespace list on the root namespaces page went away. In which presentation style are you seeing the change and on which particular topics are you not seeing the noted information? The September CTP is due out next week. Depending on when, the help file builder update will follow within the week.

Sep 14, 2007 at 7:13 PM
Edited Sep 14, 2007 at 7:14 PM
Hi Eric:

I'm using the vs2005 presentation style. In the log file I see warnings for all the missing links like this:

Warn: ResolveReferenceLinksComponent2: Invalid referenceLink element.

The missing links are in the Inheritance Hierarchy on the class pages. I only end up with a link to System.Object. In addition, all the inherited members on the members pages have broken links.

Oh, and I don't even get a root namespaces page with the vs2005 style, only with Prototype.

- M
Sep 14, 2007 at 11:43 PM
The root namespace page is gone completely. I seem to recall a couple of requests to bring it back so you might want to wait and see if the September CTP contains it again. I'm not sure about the "invalid referenceLink" warnings. They may be related or they may be because of something else. Again, wait for the September CTP and, if these are still issues, bring them up in the MSDN Documentation forum.

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:23 AM
Cool, thanks!
- M