OutOfMemory Exception: Where to disable logging

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 30, 2007 at 5:30 PM
Hi. I'm running into an OutOfMemory Exception while perfoming a build. I've read the SHFB documentation and it says you can turn off verbose logging through the Documentation menu. I may be missing something but I don't see an option for verbose logging. In order to work around this I tried to run the Help File Builder via command line w/o adding the verbose logging switch but I still got the OOM Exception. Is there another way to prevent this error? Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2007 at 7:08 PM
I'm in the process of reviewing and updating the documentation. The option to turn off verbose logging is now under the File | User Preferences option. If it's still happening even from the command line, I'd have to see where in the build process it was when the error occurred.

Eric
Aug 30, 2007 at 8:38 PM
Thanks Eric. I tried that but it still writes to the output window. The last log I have from the command line build shows the build failing while it's trying to generate namespace summaries.
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2007 at 2:22 AM
If you can send me the project and assemblies for testing, I can see if there's something odd going on with this particular project.

Eric
Sep 5, 2007 at 5:48 PM
Hi Eric. I'm waiting for sign-off from my manager to transfer over the project and assemblies. I'm hoping to be able to pass on something to you this week. Thx