FrameworkVersion

Topics: User Forum
Jul 16, 2007 at 10:56 PM
I am using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2. So I have left my SHFB project's FrameworkVersion property, which
specifies the .NET Framework version to which the documentation links for system types should point, to the
default, 2.0.50727. I have the SdkLinkType project property set to MSDN to link to MSDN on the web. I now have
this working, thanks to Eric's help. (See the Documentation Links for System Types discussion thread.) But the links for
system types now take me to the .NET Framework 3.0 versions of the referenced class specs in MSDN.
I was expecting my FrameworkVersion project property setting to cause the links for system types to the
.NET Framework 2.0 versions of the class specs.
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2007 at 1:40 AM
Edited Jul 17, 2007 at 1:42 AM
The MSDN site always defaults to the most recent .NET framework version for any given member that you look up. There's usually a box in the upper right of the topic noting that you can go to links for other versions ("This topic is specific to..."). That's just the way it works now. For .NET 2.0 its not too big of a deal as .NET 3.0 is basically .NET 2.0 with WPF and some other stuff thrown in from what I understand.

The FrameworkVersion property just makes sure the MRefBuilder looks at the right version when generating its member lists for the base class members that are framework related.

Eric