HxS file only showing a single page inside VS 2005 docs

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 12, 2007 at 6:29 PM
HxS file built using Sandcastle June '07 CTp and SHFB latest. I've used the Help Integration Wizard to build a merge module and setup project to install the help. It installs ok but when I view the help collection in dexplore, I only see a single page int he TOC. The page I see is the page I set in the properties for the top level node in the help integration wizard.

When I walk through the wizard using a hxs file shipped by MS, it works ok. Any idea what might be wrong?
Jul 12, 2007 at 6:39 PM
Update. I tested installing a hxs file that was built using Help studio lite. No problem. integrates cleanly. Next test is to build the sample from sandcastle and see if that works. Back in a sec :)
Jul 12, 2007 at 7:12 PM
ok. so the example project shipped with sandcastle integrates perfectly. I wonder if it's because my hxs file multiple top level nodes and all the others I have tried just have one?
Jul 12, 2007 at 7:41 PM
it definitely seems to be a problem with help file builder. I'm running a custom build that includes the fix for root namespace. I'm now rolling back to 1501 and see if that fixes it.
Jul 12, 2007 at 9:19 PM
Yup, it's official. Sandcastle Help File Builder builds hxs files that will not integrate properly into Visual Studio's help collections.