summary and remarks not read?

Topics: User Forum
Jul 6, 2007 at 11:13 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2007 at 11:17 PM
I've just started trying to use Sandcastle (June 07 CTP, downloaded today) and the Help File Builder (1.5.0.1), and I've got a problem.

I've added documentation (summaries, some remarks) to a set of classes. My build steps build the .xml file just fine, and it contains them.

But the .CHM I produce from the Help File Builder, while it includes the classes, does not seem to include the summary and remark text.

A search on "summary" and "remarks" in the help was not fruitful.

What am I missing?
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2007 at 2:03 AM
Are the methods in question public? If not, it won't include them unless you set the DocumentInternals and/or DocumentPrivates properties to true.

Eric
Jul 9, 2007 at 4:13 PM
The things in question are public interfaces, and also public properties in a public class, so I'm imagining that that's not it.

Any other possibilities?
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2007 at 7:50 PM
I can't think of anything off-hand. Can you reproduce it in a small example that you can send me along with the project file?

Eric
Jul 10, 2007 at 5:59 PM
Amazingly, for once, I can repro a problem in a small example, using an old test-bed project we had lying around.

If you can tell me how you want it sent (I don't see a way to attach to a discussion in any obivous way), it's about 200k of zip (source, project file, SHFB project, even the last attempt's output).
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2007 at 6:55 PM
You can e-mail it to me. My e-mail address is in the About box and in the footer of the pages in the help file.

Eric