BUILD FAILED: Could not find path to Sandcastle tools

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 6, 2007 at 8:55 AM
Edited Jul 6, 2007 at 1:02 PM
I used to use NDoc for .NET 1.1 and I recently came accross Sandcastle. However, I've just installed it and I get the message "BUILD FAILED: Could not find path to Sandcastle tools". After much Googling and looking on the CodePlex forums I am still not wiser as to why it is not working.

I need to provide a path to some "tools"? Can someone specifically tell me what these are and where I might find them.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------

More...

Just installed the Visual Studio 2005 SDK and did another Sandcastle build. Now I get...

Found Sandcastle in 'C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\2007.02\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Sandcastle\'

BUILD FAILED: Your version of Sandcastle is out of date (found '1.0.0.0' but expected '2.2.64000.4'). Please download and install the latest version.

Getting frustrated now.

------------------------------------

I found what was needed here....
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E82EA71D-DA89-42EE-A715-696E3A4873B2&displaylang=en
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2007 at 2:51 PM
The help file builder isn't Sandcastle. That's produced by Microsoft. Please see the Getting Started and Links to Resource sections in the help file they will tell you what you need and where to get everything. Also see the FAQ in the help file for common questions and problems.

Eric
Jul 9, 2007 at 8:43 AM

EWoodruff wrote:
The help file builder isn't Sandcastle. That's produced by Microsoft. Please see the Getting Started and Links to Resource sections in the help file they will tell you what you need and where to get everything. Also see the FAQ in the help file for common questions and problems.

Eric

Thanks Eric - I realise that now. However it wasn't obvious at the time. An obvious link to the actual Sandcastle application or something in a readme file would have saved some time.

Regards

Sean