June 2007 CTP Updates

Jul 3, 2007 at 6:08 PM
I uninstalled the previous version of Sandcastle and installed the June 2007 CTP. I then installed the latest Help File Builder ( I then received an error that it found version of sandcastle and 2.**** was needed. I put the path to the Sandcastle Program Files directory in and I got passed that error, but then had the following error. What do I need to do to fix these errors?

Error: The type 'Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.Reflection.AssemblyResolver' was not found in the component assembly 'C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\2007.02\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Sandcastle\\ProductionTools

Jul 3, 2007 at 7:35 PM
There's a reference to DXROOT in the MRefBuilder.config template that I need to get rid of. It's finding an old copy of Sandcastle in the VS 2005 SDK. Edit the DXROOT environment variable to make it point to the June CTP. You may need to reboot in order for the change to take effect. Once you've done that, you can remove the path from the project setting too.

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:39 PM
Where is the DXRoot variable? VS, Help File Builder? Registry?
Jul 3, 2007 at 8:48 PM
I am retarded. I know where environment variables are, just forgot for a few minutes. It is pointing to C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\ which is where the latest is.
Jul 3, 2007 at 9:01 PM
So it's fixed or you still get the error with it pointing there? If it's still a problem edit the MRefBuilder.config file in the Templates\ folder of the help file builder install folder. Replace the reference to "%DXROOT%\" with "{@SandcastlePath}" (no quotes). That'll make it use the project setting like all the other files.