Error When Building Assembly

Topics: User Forum
Jul 2, 2007 at 4:14 PM
One of our assemblies causes an error to be thrown when I try to build it. The error is:

Unhandled Exception: System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end tag. Line 6, position 16.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.ParsePartialContent(XmlNode parentNode, String innerxmltext, XmlNodeType nt)
at System.Xml.XmlElement.set_InnerXml(String value)
at SandcastleBuilder.Components.CodeBlockComponent.Apply(XmlDocument document, String key)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssembler.Apply(IEnumerable`1 manifest)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssembler.Apply(String manifestFile)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssemblerConsole.Main(String[] args)
Last step completed in 00:10:48.4788

This is the only assembly so far out of 28 that has thrown this error. Any ideas?

The member it looks like its trying to build contains the following information:
<summary>
The Infragistics UltraGrid control is designed to present, and optionally edit, both flat data (containing a single set of rows and columns) as well as hierarchical data in a variety of view styles.
</summary>
<remarks>
<p class="body">Most of the settings that apply to the control are set off the <see cref="P:Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBase.DisplayLayout"/> property.</p>
<p></p>
<p class="body">
The following code snippet illustrates.
</p>
<p></p>
<code>
<pre>
private void button5_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.AutoFitStyle = AutoFitStyle.ResizeAllColumns;
this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands0.Columns1.Hidden = true;
}
</pre>
</code>
</remarks>
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2007 at 6:13 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2007 at 6:16 PM
The help file builder includes a custom build component (CodeBlockComponent) that adds syntax highlighting to all <code> blocks. It uses an HTML-based code colorizer that internally looks for stuff in <pre> tags. The combination of the <pre> tag within the <code> tag is causing it to crash. Since the <pre> tag is unnecessary, you can remove it and it will work as expected. See the Custom Build Components section in the help file for information on the available options and features that can be used with the code block component. The default settings for the component are configurable using the ComponentConfigurations project option as well.

Eric
Jul 3, 2007 at 6:02 PM
Thanks I just disabled that functionality for now, until I can get my developers to remove those <pre> tags from inside their <code> tags.